Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Family and Time



















Homework, bike ride, maybe walk downtown, dinner, bath, bed.

Calls out of town.

Here’s that picture of my Tin Man Legs. They are growing on me. I heard there is some kind of acid treatment that’ll give them a little seasoning.

Monday night’s casual ride at Munson was good. I saw a first time Munson rider do a superman over the bars. I never saw what he hit. He truly bit the dirt, sand was caked around his mouth like sugar from a Krispy Kreme Doughnut.

4 comments:

  1. How's the riding since the last big rain storm? I was out riding Munson and Twilight a couple of weekends ago during a dry interlude, and it was soft slogging in patches. I dig all the variations I can ride with Munson, Twilight, the shorcuts, and the crossover trails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those new trail choices make me cling all the harder to Munson proper. One mile in, seven miles around, one mile out. If I lived in those damn trailhead apartments I'd do it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the exception of a couple sloppy, soft corners Munson is a year-round trail now. I'm happy to hear a newbie went otb. It's good for the trail's reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Munson drinks up the water. The day after a hard rain it’s dry again. Sand is such a small portion of the trail it really doesn't have much impact on my ride routes.

    ReplyDelete