Friday, April 10, 2009

Tin Man Legs

Around each corner, I remember a different story, time seems measured by the happenings between events at Munson.

I think I still have an Neon Orange hammer head shirt.

We'll get to that corner when we can and you know I'll call you for help.

I agree the humps we put in are too big, the right idea but still to big.

The trees lining the trail do a good job but I am certainly open to other suggestions. Please post some new ideas, anyone, someone. How can we narrow the trail to it's original width and hold materials in place?

Except in a few circumstances I don't think rerouting the trail is a good idea. In another 20 years or sooner, we'd have the same problem and need to move the trail again and it would not likely get moved back to where it came from. Agree or disagree, let me know.

You've all probably seen the tin man legs on the directional signs at the Tall Pines Short Cut intersections. The McCues, me and the kids replace some of the fire damaged legs some months back. With the permission of the Forest Service I put those on to keep the fire off. At first I really disliked the look, on my last ride out though, I kind of started to like them. How about my camouflage efforts, kind of weak I know. What do ya'll think?

3 comments:

  1. I've never even noticed the tin man legs, and I'll bet that's what you're going for.

    Hey, I'd love a post about wildlife you've spotted out there over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the big rollers just fine. I get to bust out my air skills. I think we are two bedloads of gravel away from perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like any other changes out there, the rollers just take time to get used to. They seem to be shunting the water off the trail as intended. The intersection signposts were burned a couple of years ago, so the tin man legs are certainly justified. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete